I realized on February 8th of last month I had exactly 29 days left of my 20s.
To reflect on such a milestone, I decided to share 29 insights I have gained throughout my 29 years. You can read them HERE and hopefully, you can relate and will be giggling with me.
- I am super sensitive. I thought for years it was a curse, now I see what a gift it is as it helps me connect deeper to others. It also got much easier when I learned that breathing helps hyperventilating fits. Wooosh, wish I knew that ages 9-19. #someonegetthisgirlabrownpaperbag
- Age 21-24: what's a hangover?
Age 25-28: hmmm, I'll sweat this out at hot yoga.
1 glass of wine: how lovely
2 glasses of wine: Hello, wonderful to meet you. I'm super woman.
3 glasses of wine: What 99 problems?
4 glasses of wine: Goodnight, I have 99 problems and now a hangover is one.
Insight before 30: when imbibing, sip slowly, remind yourself you aren't in college anymore and water is life.
- a good sleep = next day life force
long gone are the nights staying up till dawn. (haha, like I ever did that. My friends will attest I have always been the first to go to bed at a party. However, I can pretend once upon a time I was a party hardy night owl)
- Not everybody is going to like you and that's like so beyond ok. (this one took awhile, still working on it from time to time)
- Putting on a great pair of socks is one of the greatest simple joys in life. It's amazing how happy I get about socks!
- Getting a Monday workout in sets the tone for the entire week and turns your "I'm a confident bad-ass" dial on high . Even when you accidentally drop your phone INTO the stairmaster like I did this am! No worries, we salvaged it????
- Whether you are single, in a relationship or somewhere in between, we can always be our own best Valentine. Wish I knew that in high school???????????? #wheresmyteddybear?
- I was born beautiful. I was beautiful then. I am beautiful now. And I will always be beautiful. And the same holds true for YOU.
- Nothing lifts up my mood more than an epic dance party.
- I have a choice in how I CHOOSE to see things.
- You don't always have to be productive, sometimes rest is where magic occurs.
- Meditating is like the exercise of the mind & soul. And like getting yourself to the gym, it can be a drag to start but always so worth it.
- When feeling whelmed, get outside. Natural mood booster and helps to get re-centered.
- I can't control every aspect of a situation... and this sucks. But it's life and I have learned in the last 29 years that letting go of of the things I can't control will lead to self-acceptance and a deeper sense of compassion and joy.
- Speaking of letting go, it has never been easy for me, I am a huge feeler. What helps me in the process is getting in a cozy space, by myself, check in, feel it and breathe it out.
- Taking a dance class is a surefire way to feel like a ridiculous badass.
- Taking said dance class with friends is a great way to further connect with each other.
- Pizza is a spiritual experience and should be treated as one.
- Brushing your teeth at the end of the night can be like the most annoying thing in the world, but worth it.
- No. Is a complete sentence.
- There is a deep difference between being nice and kind.
- Me-time is essential for high quality giving.
- Dressing rooms do not define us. Pep talks are essential before entering. And the lights, f-the lights, you a bad-ass hot mommacita!
- Your hair usually looks best the first time you try and style it into something. The amount of times I have taken my hair out only to wish I hadn't touched it are too many to count!
- Comfy shoes always. Period.
- But first, a glass of water. Usually always needed.
- At 29 years I have learned to (but not always do) take the tortilla chips out of the bag and put them in a bowl. Then put the bag away somewhere very inconvenient. If not, there goes the bag.
- Make time for friends.
- Running has always been a huge challenge for me. So I thought, what better time than to set a running intention before I turn 30? This for me was to be able to run 3 consecutive miles on the treadmill in less than 30 minutes. Easy for many but for me this was a huge accomplishment. And I happy super pumped to say that on this past Monday night, I got there. Running has been teaching me a lot about life which is why it is my 29th insight. It can be hard to start and while in the process be super uncomfortable, even painful. Sometimes you want to give up, but if you believe in yourself and remind yourself that the feeling is temporary, you will push through. And what's waiting on the other side is deep sense of knowing your power. You got this.
So there you go. I hope you were able to giggle with me for the last 29 days of these insights, I appreciate you being along side me as I reflect on this milestone. My first 29 years have been deliciously abundant and I am super grateful for that. Here we go 30 ❤
In abundant, shining service,